Thanks to a great partnership with TerraCycle, you can now turn everyday items that you would normally throw in the trash into dollars to build schools in Sudan!
How it works?
We collect recyclable items for TerraCycle, they pay for us to mail them in, and they give the school building project $0.01 to $0.02 per item we send them. TerraCycle then turns those recyclable items into new products (sold at retailers nationwide).
What can we collect?
The things we can collect for recycling are: any brand or size
- Chip Bags
- Drink Pouches (not boxes)
- Candy Wrappers – candy wrappers and bags
- Personal Care and Beauty – any personal care or beauty product packaging
- Toothpaste Tubes – toothpaste tubes, toothpaste caps, tooth brushes, floss containers.
- Cheese Packaging – any flexible cheese packaging or wrappers
- Tortilla and Tostada Bags
- Granola Bar, Energy Bar, Protein Bar Wrappers – foil lined wrappers and Clif wrappers
- Pairs of Old Shoes – any pairs of shoes (must have both shoes)
- Cleaner Packaging – pumps, triggers, pouches, and flexible cleaner product packaging
- Diaper Packaging – any brand of outer plastic packaging
- Lunch Kits – lunch kit packaging (minus the cardboard)
- Dropps Laundry Detergent Pouches
- Wine Pouches
- Wine Corks
How can I help if I live near you (Rochester NY area)?
If you live in the Rochester, NY area you can collect every single recyclable item you use, find, get from your friends, find in the garbage or on the sidewalk (you get the idea) and give them to us to send in. If you live in the Rochester, NY area and would like to collect and mail items in yourself you can do that also. See below.
We are also able to accept Drink Pouches, Candy Wrappers, Health and Personal Care and Beauty packaging, Granola/Energy Bar wrappers, Cheese Packaging, and Wine Corks at the ColorBrightonGreen.org table at the Brighton Farmers Market (located at Brighton High School on Sunday’s in the summer from 9am to 1pm).
How can I help if I don’t live near you?
If you live outside of the Rochester, NY area you can help by joining our team on TerraCycle.net and join whichever “brigade” you want to collect for. You would collect items in your area and send them in (free of charge) once you have enough. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.